Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hello, My Name is Venus and I Am Organizationally Challenged


There are a lot of things that I'm really good at - but I am the first to admit that consistent organization has never been listed among my accolades (neither has punctuality but that's something I'm working on also).  So, I've been doing a little homework and came up with a couple of articles that just might work for me.  I plan to incorporate at least some of the ideas and promise to keep you posted on my progress.  If you find that you're organizationally challenged as well, I invite you to come along with me on my journey to freedom from clutter and chaos.
 

bulletin board
Photo: Thinkstock
From tracking work contacts to carpool schedules, these four sites will keep you on task.


1. Tidy your to-do list 

Ditch the Post-its and sign up for a free account at 
RememberTheMilk.com. Its simple interface lets you list all your tasks along with a priority level. The site will then send you reminders—"carpool to YMCA at 4 P.M.!"—via e-mail, IM, or text message. 

2. Plan a trip 

With 
TripIt.com, you'll never riffle through pages of confirmation e-mails at the airport check-in, car rental counter, or hotel shuttle pickup again. Forward your travel confirmations from various Web sites to plans@tripit.com, and the site will consolidate it all into a day-by-day itinerary, plucking out the essential details and adding maps, directions, and local weather forecasts. 

3. Never miss a birthday 

Register at 
JackCards.com and enter birthdays for your friends and family, then select a card for each one. As their big day approaches, Jack Cards mails you a card (prices start at $2.50). Just stamp and send.

4. Track your work contacts 

You don't just enter names and phone numbers at 
HighRiseHq.com. You can also include identifying information, like whether you've met in person or which projects you've collaborated on. You can even jot notes about your last phone conversation and check a box if you need to follow up (you'll get an e-mail or text reminder). Invite your colleagues to join, and you can collaborate and share information via the site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment