Friday, January 28, 2011

New Addition to My Bucket List



I am in love with water!  I've been a swimmer since high school.  My favorite form of exercise is various forms of water aerobics, calisthenics, even water pilates.  A couple of years ago I experienced my first oceanic adventure by going snorkeling in the Atlantic Ocean off the beaches of Fort Lauderdale. 


 I have to admit that once I actually got a glimpse of the fish, sea turtles and sting rays I got a little bit nervous. But in just a short while I felt quite at home - maybe too at home because when took a look above the water I found myself much farther from the boat than I'd planned on.  Nevertheless the experience was exhilarating and I promised myself to return and to stay longer the next time.


It's not wonder then, that when I came across this phenomenon, I felt compelled to add visiting it to my list of things to do before the final chapter of the book I call my life.  The article below describes this fascinating underwater art museum which also serves as the artist's contribution to supporting the eco-system.


More than 400 of the permanent sculptures have been installed in recent months in the National Marine Park of Cancún, Isla Mujeres, and Punta Nizuc (map of the region) as part of a major artwork called "The Silent Evolution." The installation is the first endeavor of a new underwater museum called MUSA, or Museo Subacuático de Arte.



No comments:

Post a Comment