Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Multiple Personality Hair


I marvel at how some women confidently wear the same hairstyle, same hair color week after week, month after month and sometimes even year after year.  I'm not knocking them - I'm genuinely intrigued because I rarely wear my hair the same way more than 90 days.  It's just part of my personality.  Truthfully, I get bored with hairstyles easily and as I think back over the years I've been doing the Hair-Do-Switcheroo since I was a pre-teen.  The style and/or color of my hair does not define who I am or what I'm about.  If anything, it reflects my ever-evolving self.  Even as I evolve, the lessons learned are based on lessons learned due to unwise decisions.  Maybe those choices are reflected in my hairstyles.  I  hadn't really given much thought to the multiple-personalities of my hair until LOTS of people started making comments like, "I didn't recognize you Venus" or "Venus, your husband must love having a new wife every few weeks" each time I change my hair. Many of my acquaintances actually look forward to the next look.

Life, like hairstyles can be changed to suit your needs.  When things don't work out, we have the ability to make choices, change our minds, add, or cut many - but not all aspects of our lives.  Hair grows - we grow...but not overnight.  It takes time, studying, nurturing and patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment