Thursday, December 16, 2010

What I Learned by the Time I Turned 50


54 Baby!
  • God's majesty becomes more evident to me each day.
  • I've been blessed with a phenomenal family.
  • I had a very happy childhood.
  • I'm much smarter than my kids (but my kids are much smarter than they pretend to be).
  • I won't go to hell for drinking an occasional glass of wine or doing the hustle.
  • It is truly more blessed to give than to receive.
  • My joints can predict the weather.
  • Favor ain't fair - neither is gravity.
  • Nips, tucks and liposuction are NOT evil 
  • It's "hip" to be square.
  • Worrying about what others think of me is a waste of my time.
  • The only enemy I have is the devil.
  • I wish I'd learned how to make Nana's cornbread dressing.
  • The bible is the best How-To book ever written.
  • Grandparenting is like math.  It divides your time, adds joy to your life, subtracts from your wallet, and multiplies your Kodak moments.
  • Watching my kids grow up is bittersweet.
  • I'm grateful for my girlfriends.
  • Children have a way of humbling you - one way or another.
  • The key to really, really good spousal intimacy is quality, not quantity - no really!
  • Tea is the nectar if God.
  • Being transparent is far less stressful than faking it - people find out anyway.
  • Now I have respect for money.
  • You can never have too many pairs of unmentionables.
  • Bras and Pantyhose were invented by someone with a sadistic mind.
  • Now I have something to blame my mistakes on - my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment